Monday, July 9, 2007

Daniel Ran into Some Problems on July 8th, 2007.

It is quite lamentable that I have so much to reflect on. D. Ross posted yesterday's posts somewhat retroactively, and then I was busy, so I apologize for the delay. Nonetheless I now have taken care of all other priorities and can devote myself to posting a very thorough reflection on dan's food blog's recent posts.

The Sunchy Pasteurized Peach Nectar Post
I was very sympathetic to Daniel's foodless journey back to his home. I feel almost certain that if I had been present in this situation, things would have been Much Different. First of all, Daniel RG would have already eaten something other than a single Tum earlier that day. In the quite unlikely event that evening-time had come and I had for some reason neglected to remind Dan that he had not eaten this day, I'm quite sure that I would have realized this before his trip and given him some lunch money. He did note that he knew ahead of time that the cafeteria would be closed allowing to the fact that it was Sunday, so I would have thought he would have prepared himself for other options, but perhaps he was unawares that the ice cream truck did not accept plastic.

That said, I was pleased to see that Daniel again indulged in a nectar, this time of the peach variety: one of my favorites. When I read that the can wished the drinker "a very sunchy day," I was under the impression that this was some sort of foreign based company who had made up an english word. I thought all day today about what sunchy was supposed to mean. Scrunchy? Crunchy? Sundry? None of these made any sense, and it would not be an exaggeration to say that I was baffled. However, I googled Sunchy just prior to beginning this post, and found that it is actually a brand. Initially, upon discovering this, I felt stupid, but eventually that feeling faded and was replaced by a sort of flat disappointment. To me, this would be like wishing someone "a hilary day," which is completely meaningless.

Chicken Parmigiana, Again!
Dan expressed concern that we might label him a Chicken Parmigiana freak, but I did not think about that at all. It is still very unfortunate that his parents bought him this, given that he had recently had a version of said sandwich that he had found to be very booty. Today I had time to ruminate on Chicken Parmigiana, and I realized it is somewhat of an enigma to me. Some things are very familiar to me, in my head, somehow, and I usually envision both a color and/or image and a taste. For instance, when I think of Mesquite Chicken, I think of a sort of yellowy-orange color, and kind of imagine knowing that taste. Chicken Parmigiana does not do this for me. I guess if I had to, I would think of a sprig of some sort of herb. I came to the realization that I wasn't even 100% sure of what the sandwich consisted, so I looked it up. I needn't have worried, because my guess turned out to be 110% accurate. I have never had chicken parmigiana nor is it something I would pay much attention to on a menu, and frankly breaded chicken and tomato sauce seem an unlikely pair to me. I can't even imagine how this would really taste, so in the near future I hope to experience it.

Also, what is Stracciatella soup, I do not know. I haven't heard of it and my guess is that it involves pasta and a tomatoey broth. It has just come to my attention that DanRoss spelled superb "souperb," further indication that he is, in fact, a comic genius.

No comments: